Those concerned about Ava Anderson Non Toxic products improperly labeled, call the FTC & FDA PLEASE!

EVERY, SINGLE PERSON CONCERNED ABOUT THIS: PLEASE CALL THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) IMMEDIATELY: 1-202-326-2222. PRESS 1 for consumer complaints. THEY NEED A CERTAIN NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS TO ADDRESS IT & THEY  WON’T DISCLOSE THAT NUMBER. YOUR phone call could be the one to put them over that tipping point. They’ll want to know the AANT address which is: 99 Main Street Warren, Rhode Island 02885. 401-289-2900.

Let them know the company has sold products that were improperly labeled & that they  have deemed the products safe for sale based on their own tests but are not sharing the results of the tests they did, what they tested for & what they didn’t nor who did those tests. I feel there should be a total recall of any old formulation product. Please, and thank you! It’s really important. Someone needs to step in to sort out this scandal. Numerous, numerous consultants have asked for the test results to be shared & have been stone-walled.

The general public has these products in their hands currently & has no clue that there are off-label ingredients.  The lab I sent 4 products to for testing of synthetic fragrance had a delay, they hoped to have the results end of last week but said early this week. AANT claims their tests proved the products did not have synthetics, but they won’t share those results. Would I tell you my tests showed they do contain synthetics without publishing those reports & expect you to believe me? No way. Here’s what they’ve admitted to:

1. Hand & body lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
2. Moisturizer (missing emulsifier on label)
3. Kids lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
4. Baby lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
5. Body butter (missing emulsifier on label)
6. Dream cream (missing emulsifier on label)
7. Diaper cream (missing emulsifier on label)
8. Dish Soap (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
9. Hand Soap (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
10. Pet Shampoo & Conditioner (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
11. Powder foundation – Medium (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
12. Powder foundation – Light (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
13. Blush – Pretty in pink (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
14. Men’s shave gel (contained synthetic fragrance)
15. Men’s aftershave/moisturizer (contained synthetic fragrance)
16. Scent: Love (contained synthetic fragrance)
17. Scent: Hope (contained synthetic fragrance)
18. Scent Joy (contained synthetic fragrance)
19. Hand Sanitizer (mislabeled as a monographed drug, out of compliance with FDA)

“About the Bureau of Consumer Protection
Jessica Rich, Director

The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by:

collecting complaints and conducting investigations
suing companies and people that break the law
developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace
educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities

We collect complaints about hundreds of issues from data security and false advertising to identity theft and Do Not Call violations. We use these complaints to bring cases, and we share them with law enforcement agencies worldwide for follow-up.”https://www.ftc.gov/…/about-bureau-consumer-protection

THEN, call your regional FDA office. I just got off the phone with them & they’re very interested & agree this is very serious. A real person answered immediately, I didn’t have to wait on hold & she was very friendly. They’re especially interested if you’ve had adverse reactions. Again, it’s a numbers game, the more complaints they hear the more seriously they’ll take it. http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ConsumerComplaintCoordinators/default.htm

Advertisements

14 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Erin Olson
    Feb 02, 2016 @ 19:58:59

Any idea if the detangler spray has synthetic fragrances? I bought it for my daughter and the smell really bothers me, I react to it with tightening throat, etc. just like I normally do to synthetic fragrances.

• ecofriendlymamausa
      Feb 03, 2016 @ 01:20:39

I could only submit 5 products due to my small budget & not knowing if I’ll recoup those costs. They saved me testing 1 sample as I had sent in a product from the men’s line which they did confess had synthetics. I’d love to see the whole line tested, but someone else needs to step up to the plate to do it, I can’t take on any more of this project without crowd funding. It is my opinion, and the opinion of many, that numerous products likely contained synthetic fragrances.

2. M
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 13:19:20

I’m anxiously awaiting Jess’s third-party analysis of the 4 products she submitted. In the meantime, I wouldn’t trust any of their products. I recall reading somewhere that several of their products would no longer be available once they moved over to the new brand/in-house manufacturing. Some of those products (including maybe the laundry detergent pods and the pet shampoo?) were popular sellers for them, so it raises a red flag to me that they have realized the ingredient list is false and cannot actually be produced without including synthetic/toxic ingredients. If that is the case, then they really do need to be making that knowledge public. I’m sure companies discontinue products for similarly nefarious reasons all the time, but when your entire mission is based on the importance of being transparent with ingredients, then you really owe it to your customer base to be honest, even if it means a loss of sales.

The alternate explanation to the unavailable products is that those products require additional equipment that they won’t have at the new plant (or similar resource limitation/issue), but that seems less likely to me, given all that has happened in the past.

3. Still concerned
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 17:21:12

I don’t understand why you won’t approve my comments. That’s kind of suspicious. I just read on your FB page, someone is reporting Ava Anderson for false drug claims. It’s only a matter of time before someone does the same to Poofy. And the many other brands that you say you are supporting. It seems like you think you are helping, but I truly feel you are potentially hurting hundreds of thousands of families. The people who make natural products, sell them, and use them to help their families. I am beyond grateful for what natural products have done to help my skin and my family’s skin. I I didn’t read that certain creams can help eczema, my kids and dad (who had cancer) would either be suffering greatly, using steroids that have terrible side effects more than they should (especially my dad where it affects his immune system, and children where it affects their immune system and growth), as well as petroleum products 2x a day. You’re opening a whole can of worms. This is not good. I’m begging you, dont do this.

4. Danielle
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 22:52:18

Sales reps are still peddling this garbage. How can they knowingly sell a tainted item and not disclose what’s in it if they now know? I’m so annoyed that I spent $100’s of dollars trying to keep my kids chemical free.

• M
      Feb 06, 2016 @ 01:33:09

Agreed, it’s appalling. I continue to see reps promoting the product and company under the Ava name as if none of this ever happened and as though the company won’t be rebranding in 3 weeks. An ethical company would have halted all sales as soon as the LLC closed.

• Danielle
        Feb 07, 2016 @ 04:14:07

I got an email from a rep selling this stiff under the aa name and advertising 20 % off. No mention of any of the current issues. Isn’t this fraud? It’s like selling food that’s laced with ecoli. Shouldn’t there have been an automatic recall? I’m honestly appalled at this company. Can these reps be reported?

• ecofriendlymamausa
        Feb 07, 2016 @ 13:50:53

Apparently they patched over new labels that are accurate on the old formulations that were missing ingredients, and they updated the website. BUT I feel there should be an immediate recall for all the old product that is out there with labels that are incorrect. Most of the general public has no clue that the product they’re currently using is not properly labeled. That is my main concern at this time. But I’m with you, I’m totally appalled as well, it’s truly unbelievable to a lot of people.

• Angel
      Feb 06, 2016 @ 20:40:02

They aren’t knowingly selling tainted items. The ones with synthetic fragrance were immediately pulled and are not for sale. They are selling inventory that cleared testing and was missing one emulsifer (which was a safe ingredient) on label, but has been labeled properly, I believe. Many quit their jobs to work for the company and I’m assuming they are simply trying to support their families, doing the best they can with the info they have.

• ecofriendlymamausa
        Feb 07, 2016 @ 13:56:02

How about those who received the AvaScents or Men’s line as a gift, and have no clue that they contain synthetic fragrance & are using them right now? It is much, much more than a totally safe emulsifier left off (and not so safe if you happen to be allergic to it). Here’s the list of affected products that should’ve been recalled immediately, in my opinion:
        1. Hand & body lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
        2. Moisturizer (missing emulsifier on label)
        3. Kids lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
        4. Baby lotion (missing emulsifier on label)
        5. Body butter (missing emulsifier on label)
        6. Dream cream (missing emulsifier on label)
        7. Diaper cream (missing emulsifier on label)
        8. Dish Soap (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        9. Hand Soap (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        10. Pet Shampoo & Conditioner (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        11. Powder foundation – Medium (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        12. Powder foundation – Light (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        13. Blush – Pretty in pink (mislabeled with missing ingredients)
        14. Men’s shave gel (contained synthetic fragrance)
        15. Men’s aftershave/moisturizer (contained synthetic fragrance)
        16. Scent: Love (contained synthetic fragrance)
        17. Scent: Hope (contained synthetic fragrance)
        18. Scent Joy (contained synthetic fragrance)
        19. Hand Sanitizer (mis-labeled as a monographed drug, out of compliance with FDA)

Yes, people quit their day jobs to sell this stuff, so yes, of course they want to keep earning that income they have become dependent on so will believe anything this company tell them without questioning a thing. Although there are many, many who are so disgusted they’d never choose money over ethics, and will find a new line of employment that they can feel good about. That’s a choice everyone has to make for themselves. In my opinion, the actions of the AANT are despicable, completely unethical, as well as criminal. I don’t think a more serious case of greenwashing has ever taken place.

5. M
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 15:16:02

Jess, any updates on the testing that you’ve had done? I do hope you’ll share the results, even if the ingredients end up being totally accurate (although I don’t see how they could be at this point).

6. Kat
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 16:23:52

As a customer, who purchases AANT products on a regular basis, I’m anxiously awaiting your lab test results. Could you please provide an update. TY.

7. ecofriendlymamausa